Sunday, March 11, 2012

Week One in the books...

I don't know what I expected to happen...but there was no fanfare, fancy celebration or any feeling of "change". I woke up on Monday and much like it was for Molly Ringwald throughout 'Sixteen Candles', no one said a thing. Well, I take that back. My vice principal and the members of my small team congratulated me...but I still didn't feel any different.
 
 
This week was like any other week this year - crazy busy and even more so. The IEP/Re-eval sandwich of meetings was devoured on Thursday and the prep required beforehand left me exhausted and in bed by 9 that night.
 
 
The next two weeks are ones I am sad to say, dreading. Monday we begin administering state assessments to our kiddos and I, for one, am not looking forward to the amount of teaching time I will be losing since I'm being pulled for two separate grade levels and testing everyday. Thus, in addition to the crazy wonky schedules that have had to be developed, I am trying to create effective substitute lesson plans for the classes I will be missing in the morning. I am having to modify the lessons I would leave simply due the fact that I know my sub will not be able to effectively teach previously intended lessons.
 
 
Is it just me, or is it hard to trust a substitute to teach and assess a lesson the way that YOU would want it taught? And I don't say that against substitutes and their teaching ability - I'm speaking more towards when you know specifically who is going to cover your class and you know for a fact...it most likely won't get done. Either way - I am hoping that whatever I decide to leave with my sub for the mornings will be done and worst case scenario, I will be revisiting concepts in the afternoons when possible.
 
 
Now...a much needed and overdue cup of coffee is calling my name. Fingers crossed that a growing To Do list is dominated and I get all that I am setting out to accomplish today within a reasonable amount of time. Note to self: prioritize, prioritize, prioritize!

No comments:

Post a Comment