Thursday, April 12, 2012

Thank you!!

I just wanted to take a moment and say thank you to the super awesome fantastic amazing <insert adjective of choice here> 9 who are following my blog. A few months ago, I was a long-term substitute teacher looking for additional resources to support a Chris Van Allsburg author study unit I was attempting...and I came across a plethora of ideas thanks to OneExtraDegree.

From there, I discovered TONS more amazing teacher blogs filled with more lesson plans, ideas and activities than I could've ever imagined. I think I was following at least 20+ blogs in my first few days!! They reignited a passion for teaching that I had long forgotten (due a bad experience in my previous teaching position) and I made it my New Year's resolution to join in...

...since then, I've managed to earn a few followers of my own and feel a little overwhelmed that anyone is reading this li'l blog much less listening to my squirrely thoughts. So, to those who are following me and those reading this for the first time, thank you. Additionally, in March, I officially became a full-time, permanent staff member - Go Cougars! With teaching jobs in the deaf/hard of hearing field few and far between...this has been the biggest blessing this year. =D

Spring Break has ended and the beginning of the fourth and final quarter has begun...report card comments, progress notes and grades are completed. The majority of testing is over (with two or three more smaller tests coming up in the next few weeks) and it's time to cram as much into my kiddos heads as possible before they leave me and the school forever! Cannot believe they will be going off to middle school in the fall and leaving! *SOB*

Whoever designed the 5th grade curriculum is a genius, however, and we're ending our ELA unit with memoirs...a perfect way to reflect on all that we've learned and experienced this year. I'm brainstorming how to best modify the unit for my kiddos and see what we come up with.

What's worked best for you? What have you enjoyed the most?

STAY TUNED!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment