Monday, February 13, 2012

Tired and Uninspired....

...and a completely random rant. I apologize in advance for the topic-hopping. This post is not my finest moment. :/

So since Phunxatawney Phil has predicted 6 more weeks of winter, we've had at least four days of snow... not to discount the credibility of a groundhog versus that of trained meterologists, but I've immensely enjoyed that a little ball of fur and his shadow have given us snow...and more winter-appropriate weather. Not that I've completely minded the random 60 degree days, but I'm an old-fashioned girl and to me, winter = snow, cold and NOT capris. Either way, Phil needs a raise.


I would like to say that I got out and enjoyed the snow this weekend...but alas, I did not. Instead, I completed a marathon of chores  followed by absolute sluggishness yesterday. My overproductiveness caught up with me.

I did accomplish one new feat, however:  assembling 30+ heart-shaped cake bites for the Mister's boss' daughter's Valentine's party. Despite the Mister's normal aversion to cake and cupcakes, he likes a cake pop...and thus, my newest baking project this year is making cake pops and trying a new design or flavor each time. I'm planning to attempt a chocolate-peanut butter batch next.


The finished Valentine's cake bites...

So far...I'm dealing with quite the case of the Mondays. Office Space lovers, you feel me? Between the mad behaviors displayed in math and the absence of a student doubled with two others being pulled for speech, I will be working 1:1 for the remainder of the afternoon. Here, I have mixed feelings. The student in question is an absolute joy to work with...but the frustration itself stems from having to decide: do I teach the next lesson/concept to my one student and then reteach it the next day to the remaining three? Or do I simply work on reviewing of various skills and wait to teach the next lesson on Wednesday (tomorrow afternoon is booked with Valentine's parties)?

Not to mention the impending staff meeting this afternoon all about *gasp* standardized testing...YAY! Be still my heart....

All sarcasm and crankiness aside, I'm determined to find a happy medium and focus on all the good stuff that happened and will be happening...so I am cutting myself off and as the Mister says, "Hip...Hip...Hooray!"

No comments:

Post a Comment