Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Wacky, Wonky, Wonderful Wednesday....

Today was good. A really, really good day.

I didn't accomplish nearly as much I had planned to. I didn't know things that were considered "common knowledge" among my colleagues. I am not on track with our lesson plans. I have not tackled the majority of my growing To Do lists.

BUT - It doesn't matter. Today was a good day.

I had a number of questions answered. This marked the first consecutive five school days with no serious behavior concerns or outbursts from a typically non-productive math class. One of my lowest readers has progressed at least 3 Guided Reading levels and is doing amazingly well with her current leveled book. A kiddo in my math class with little-to-no word recognition and listening comprehension skills successfully matched his solid/plane figures with their corresponding words on 2 out of 3 review practices. My principal asked how my long-term substitute position was going and I replied that it was challenging but I loved it and would love to stay on permanently, he reciprocated the feeling. *fingers crossed* Come on Human Resources!!

So...while the inside of my head looks much like an overcrowded city highway....I'm blocking it all out. The weather was gorgeous today. The li'l Mister is trying to run...and signing more everyday. I'm learning so much everyday at work and falling deeper in love with my job and the kiddos.

AND...the Girl Scout cookies have arrived! YUM!

Samoas + Thin Mints = HAPPY Squirrel.

Life is good. Really, really good.

2 comments:

  1. I just bought more Thin Mints today! The Girl Scouts hang out in front of the grocery store...dangerous and wise! =)

    I am a new follower to your blog and would love for you to come visit me when you get the chance!

    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi there, gotta love a good girl scout cookie. Just found you and am your newest follower. :o)
    Vicky
    Traditions, Laughter and Happily Ever After

    ReplyDelete